Play Action Tennis
Play Action Tennis is a league play for your busy lifestyle. They've made league play simple and easy so you can spend more time on the court. Play Action Tennis is loaded with amazing state-of-the-art features like pro style playoffs, automated scoring, scouting reports and expanded playing levels.
Why Drupal was chosen:
We chose Drupal for this project because of its ability to manage the large volume of content on the site, the presence of the integrated shopping cart, its ability to create custom features and its ability to create custom admin functionalities.
Describe the project (goals, requirements and outcome):
From the front end the users needed to register for the tennis league, purchase a season tournament pass (or multiple season tournament passes with a discount), create and edit a player profile, view other player profiles, view tournament schedule, view a tournament standings, view statistical history (wins, losses, etc.) , and photo gallery
The administrative backend software needed to perform the following functions:
Self-populate with user registration information created from the front end (with the ability for the admin to edit). Player information should be exportable to excel.
Create tennis tournaments as needed
- Allow users on the front end to register (and pay) for the tournament after it is created.
- Divide the tournament into divisions dependent on the number of players registered.
- Assign registered players to a division based on distance zip code.
- Automatically https://www.viagrasansordonnancefr.com/viagra-en-ligne/ create a schedule of tournament play based on players assigned to a division.
- Create a playoffs schedule.
Record the score from each tennis match in a tournament as well record winner and loser of the match.
- Calculate points for each player based on games won.
- Calculate rating based on formula I will provide.
Maintain the statistical history of all the matches and all the standings for each tennis tournament (season).
Maintain the rankings based on points and/or player ratings for each tournament (season).
The major requirement was to develop a platform for tennis player where they can navigate through site easily.
The client was open to use CMS platform with customized software components integrated.
Also he required a responsive website template for the front end. And as this is a professional customer facing website so the appearance of the website was very important.
Key modules/theme/distribution used:
- Chaos tool suite (ctools)
- Media Gallery
Why these modules/theme/distribution were chosen:
Ctools, Colorbox, Views were used to create displays and layouts that would provide an ideal user experience.
Nexus proved to be a very good starting point. The zone & section templates provided by the theme and a very good theme API. We had lot of fun customizing various aspects of the theme.
- Division – Defines Divisions for a tournament which generated based on zip code of home court.
- Schedule – It automatically generates schedule with all players having at least 1 HOME match.
- Standing – Defines the player's ranking in their current division/tournament. The player's rankings in each division are based on the player's points. The player with the highest points is in first place. The player's level standing is based on the player's ranking in the entire tournament (not just his division). So that ranking will be compared to all players in the tournament. Again this is based on the points the player has.
- Playoff – Defines playoff schedule for a tournament. Players advance to Playoff is based on season rank (division winner status disregarded). First place of each division of a season automatically advances. The remaining spots are filled by the remaining highest ranking players in the season. Playoff schedule is automatically populated on the playoff members profile once the schedule is published.
RN Travel & Services:
RN Travel & Services is a US based car pooling travel Service Company for university students. Daily, students commute through RN cars by purchasing ticket at the time of travel. RN travels is using a software tool in which the data needs to be feed manually, this helps them keep track of their revenue generation and profit earnings compared to the previous month. As the company’s business began to escalate it became difficult for RN travels to manage their daily task of feeding data at the backend and also to plan the number of cars that needs to be devoted for a particular day/time, as the number of student commuters were increasing day to day. They required a website with CMS option wherein, students can reserve for daily seats or can purchase a plan as per their requirement and the data gets directly collected at the backend enabling the admin to have a daily update and making plans accordingly.
Why Drupal was chosen:
Drupal was chosen for the content management system. Drupal provides the needed search, listing, and revisioning and categorization functionalities.
Apart from that there are lots of additional features as compared to other CMS.
- Allows creating multiple content types easily.
- Allows categorizing content through URL addresses, paths, making your own lists.
- Administrator can create new user accounts and establish their permission rights.
- Easy, vast & customizable content management system.
- Reliable performance.
- High level of content security.
Its scalability feature that gives liberty to create or extend any web application by adding small contributed Drupal modules.
Describe the project (Goals, requirements and outcome):
- Company able to access data entered by the customers for seat reservation or registration through RN travels website. These details will let company to keep track on their profits and progress and accordingly set future plans or strategy on the business advancement.
- Website - Travels Website for daily, future reservation for customers. Special plan for prepay customers for a stipulated period where the prepay customers will be able to reserve the seat whenever they plan to travel.
- Admin Panel - Registration profile and seat reservation data collected at the backend should be accessible by the admin. Data details of revenue generation, seats reserved as daily, monthly and yearly, number of regular and prepay customers registered.
- Website was simple with basic responsive UI developed in Drupal 7 with reservation form at the home page for regular customers.
- Special offer for prepay customers was focused separately that directed towards plan purchase and a separate seat reservation form in the customer profile page.
- Special prepay code was allotted to prepay customers through email integration.
- Customer’s profile page contained all the desired information to the customer with the order history and recent order details.
- Payment Gateway API was integrated for payment processing
Admin Panel –
- Dashboard highlighting all the desired information required by the client was the main focus, giving brief statistical figure on the pointers of interest like total revenue, total today’s revenue, future reservation, active prepay counts, new orders, prepay users, regular users.
- Master for the drop down options in the website like Pickup location, Drop off location, Time was included.
- Customer details for regular and prepay with search integration and data export option, also giving provision to browse through individual profile by the admin.
- Daily, Monthly and yearly reservation with in detail data
- The website was made responsive for tablets as well as mobile device.
Help admin, developers and the site builders to easily and quickly access various parts of the site.
It provides a dashboard page in the administrative interface for organizing administrative tasks and tracking information within a site.
It enables jquery popup calendars and time entry widgets for selecting dates and times.
Used for seat reservation.
Processes payments using PayPal Website Payments Standard, Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout
Enables site-wide keyword searching.
This module plays big role in every project. We used this module content listing. Provides an easy interface for content population and management this also included sorting and searching different types of content alongside pagination
Views Data Export -
Plug-in to export views data into various file formats